Genesis 41:37-45 (41) – Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I hereby put you in charge of the entire land of Egypt.” (NLT)
Work in progress refers to unfinished goods that are in the manufacturing process, while the process is a series of actions taken to produce a product. The processing stage is significant and should not be taken for granted. The story of Joseph in today’s Bible reading presents an excellent example of a work-in-progress. The boy went through the below processes to become what God had planned for him:
1. His dreams were visions of the journey and glory to come (Genesis 37:5-9).
2. His enslavement prepared him for service to the people (Genesis 37:12-36).
3. The stage of seduction served as a test and groomed him for self-discipline (Genesis 39).
4. Joseph’s gift and interpretation of dreams gave him the platform to the top and the fulfilment of his purpose (Genesis 50:15-20).
5. His successful management of the food crisis in Egypt brought about an agricultural policy that yielded human and economic prosperity (Genesis 41:46-57).
Beloved, you can tell how durable a product is by its make-up. Regardless of God’s promises or current events in your life, you are a “work-in-progress”. Hold on! Just as a child born today can never get into a university tomorrow, I encourage you to allow God to complete His work in you like Joseph. In the meantime, focus on the process, pass the test, and learn through it. Very soon, your product will have a glorious impact on generations.
Hymn: All the Way My Savior Leads Me – Frances J. Crosby (1875)
1. Father, help me through the process of life, career, and spiritual growth.
1. Fire of God, consume any consumer of my peace and that of my family, the church and nation.
2. Father, baptise me afresh with Your Holy Spirit and give me the power to carry out my assignment in this generation.
3. Any chains binding my hands and feet from prospering, break by fire!
GOD BLESS YOU!
© The Food of Champions 2022
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org)