WATCH THE TONGUE, SHUT THE MOUTH
Proverbs 21:23 – Watch your tongue and keep your mouth shut, and you will stay out of trouble. (NLT)
We must be careful about the words we speak or frequently joke with, because as simple as they sound, they can define or destroy one’s destiny. This is why our Bible reading encourages us to bridle our tongues and mouths in order to live peaceably.
There were two lads named Derek and Chris who bungled a Croydon warehouse in 1953. During the operation, the police arrived and arrested Derek on the ground floor while Chris was upstairs. As the policeman attempted to climb the stairs to arrest Chris, Derek shouted, “Let him have it,” and Chris shot the officer. Consequently, Derek was hanged for saying the words that instigated Chris. But Chris, who actually killed the police, spent only 10 years in jail (Psalms 34:13).
Beloved, what if Derek’s statement meant that Chris should surrender the gun to the policeman? Words are delicate and open to various interpretations. Therefore, we should depend on the Holy Spirit to guard our minds and guide our words.
There are also people who are victims of damaging words uttered by themselves, their parents, or other people. In case you are in this category, I pray that the battle you are facing because of the words you or anybody spoke shall crumble, in Jesus’ name. Above all, a wise person or parents should watch their tongues because, by their words, they or the children could suffer for it.
Hymn: More About Jesus – Eliza E. Hewitt (1887)
1. Blood of Jesus! Wipe out every corrupt word, curse(s) or incantation issued against me, my family and my nation (Numbers 23:23).
2. Holy Spirit, please take control of what I say and guard my lips. (Psalms 141:3)
1. The grace to fear the Lord! Enter my life so that I may walk in wisdom.
2. Father, please empower me to be prosperous, and let those who laugh at me laugh with me!
3. Father, please let money be my slave so I can give and fund projects.
4. Father, cut the rope of limitations that binds my friends, nation, and Church.
THE TOP IS YOUR DESTINATION. KEEP GOING!
© The Food of Champions 2022
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org)