UNTIL THY JOY IS FULL
John 16:23-24 (24) – Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. (NKJV)
The Book of Matthew 7:9-11 tells us that it is rare for wicked parents to give their children a stone for bread or a snake in place of fish. Therefore, there is no limit to how much we can receive from our loving Father, who created all things (2 Corinthians 9:8).
Today’s Bible reading gives an insight into the extent to which we can make demands from heaven. Specifically, Christ emphasised that we should ask until we are joyously satisfied. However, we are sometimes distracted by the size of our situations. Thus, we forget that we have a God who doesn’t require an appointment to be reached because He operates a spiritual wireless network whereby we connect 24 hours daily (Philippians 4:6-7).
Therefore beloved, have you asked God for those urgent or/and hard things, or you have just been complaining? “Oh! I need a job.” Have you asked? “I must meet my life partner this month”. Have you sincerely told the Lord? Because until we cultivate the habit of simply praying for our needs, we remain ignorant and continue to miss our divine entitlements. Refuse to seal your lips except you are self-sufficient because even Jesus said, “you haven’t asked anything yet”. In other words, as you make your request known to God, your joy shall be exceedingly great.
Hymn: Sweet Hour of Prayer — William W. Walford (1845)
1. Praise God for the constant provisions, and then, ask whatever you desire! (John 14:14)
1. Father, please forgive my sins (disobedience), cover my shame and give me a new beginning.
2. Any power assigned to block my way of success, overflowing joy, marital glory and financial breakthrough, scatter!
3. Father, please let mine, my family, nations and the Church’s days of glory begin today!
4. Every hand of darkness waging war against my destiny and fruitfulness, be cut off!
THE HOLY GHOST SERVICE IS TONIGHT. WATCH VIA YOUTUBE/RCCGLIVE @ 18:00 WAT
© The Food of Champions 2021
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com)