THE WORD ABOVE THE NAME
Psalms 138:2B – For thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. (KJV)
Read: Psalms 119:89-96
A name is not only an identity but also a symbol of authority. The manifestations that follow whenever you pray with the name of Jesus show the power in that name.
There is yet another powerful element that must accompany the use of Christ’s name. This is the word of God! Today’s Bible text reveals that God exalts His word above His name. Evidence of the potency of God’s word is creation. God’s pronouncements were so strong that they became an instant reality as He spoke in Genesis 1.
The world is currently in a severe condition, and the children of God must rest in the unfailing ability of the Father’s word and apply the same faith to activate what He has promised. For example, when the angel brought good news to Mary in Luke 1:26-38, she understood the efficacy of God’s word and the importance of activating it. Mary replied to the angel, saying, “Be it unto me according to thy word.” The result of this action was the birth of Jesus Christ.
Beloved, whatever the situation, all you need is a word from the Bible and the Holy Spirit. When you find or receive the word, activate it through faith and by declaring it in Jesus’ name. Above all, continue to live in the consciousness of the One who prioritises His word, and it will always be well with you in Jesus’ name. Amen!
Hymn: Look and Live – William A. Ogden (1887)
1. Father, please perfect all You have purposed for my life, family, nation, and Church.
2. Look for the Scriptures that address your situation and decree them!
1. Fire of God, find me out to revive and refresh me daily!
2. Let the evil inheritance hibernating in my body and that of my children dry up!
3. Powers, saying ”No” to God’s “Yes” in my life, shut up and lose your grip over me!
THE WORD WORKS WONDERS. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE IT!
© The Food of Champions 2023