THE WEIGHT OF SIN
Romans 5:12-17 (12) – When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned. (NLT)
God’s ultimate plan is to have an intimate relationship with man (Genesis 3:8), but, as seen in our Bible reading, when Adam and Eve sinned, death became the penalty for iniquity (Romans 6:23). The death here is not the physical demise but the spiritual, which is the separation between God and man (Isaiah 59:1-2). Nevertheless, spiritual death will eventually lead to an untimely physical death. For example, the Bible talks about Samson, who was anointed from the womb and infused with strength, yet, it was ‘Sin’ that shortened his destiny (Judges 13-16).
‘If ye think you stand, check thoroughly and be conscious that ‘It takes a lot of effort to build a house, character and relationship (with God and man) but it takes an action to destroy them.’
Beloved, what are the weight of sin you carry? (Malice, envy, pride, sexual impurity and lying, among others – Revelation 21:8). Repent today because the reward of sin is too heavy than the action itself. Your salvation, peace, prayer altar, anointing and calling could be scrapped by a single unjust act— Sin is a Wrecker! (1 Corinthians 10:12-13). The good news is that Christ came for this purpose to save us from destruction. If you accept Him, you shall be free indeed (John 8:32, 36).
Hymn: Are You Washed in the Blood? – Elisha A. Hoffman (1878)
1. Lord Jesus! Please, forgive my iniquities and give me a new beginning.
2. Holy Spirit, please guard my thoughts and actions, always!
1. I decree that the power of the world and hell shall not entrap me into destruction.
2. Powers from my foundation, saying I must die as a nonentity. Hear the voice from heaven and scatter!
3. Father, as individuals, families, nation and the church, please make every day a Christmas for us.
4. Tonight! I drop every baggage of unforgiveness, sorrow, affliction and shame (mention).
5. Please pray for our forthcoming prayer programme.
JOIN US AS WE PRAY INTO 2021
© The Food of Champions 2020
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com)