THE PRIDE OF MAN
Isaiah 14:12-16 (14) – I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.” (NIV)
When the world had one language, the people did not desire to spread globally. Rather, the society wished to make a name for itself by erecting a tower to the heavens (Genesis 11:1–9). The actions of these people negated the divine schedule for humanity because God had commanded in Genesis 1:26-28 that we should be fruitful, multiply, and fill the earth. But the generation wanted to outdo God’s agenda to become more famous. This is similar to Satan’s plan to exalt himself above God. In our Bible reading, the devil wanted to ascend into the heavens to raise his throne over the Lord’s stars, but he was cast down.
The problem of the world began with pride, and it continues to haunt us. A man wants to be seen, heard, and praised before God. But the Almighty God does not share His glory with anyone or any idol (Isaiah 42:8). Life is not about us, but reflecting God’s glory to the world. Whenever we attribute any of our achievements to our strength, we are simply taking the glory for ourselves, and that is pride! I encourage you to examine yourself today and ask for divine mercy if need be. The Lord Jesus is able to restore you and breathe afresh on you!
Hymn: Into My Heart — Harry D. Clarke (1924)
1. Lord Jesus, please purge me inside out and deliver me from self-glorification of any kind.
1. Demons of sorrow, on a mission to hijack my season of joy, rest, and year-ending. By the blood of Jesus, I escape your agenda.
2. I declare that I, my family, and the Church will not be buried in the remaining days of the year.
3. Please pray for our ministry, the vessel, your pastor, and the leaders at work and in the community.
4. Father, terminate my agreement with failure, disappointment, and poverty.
YOU ARE HEALED
© The Food of Champions 2021
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com