THE POWER OF PRAYER
1 Kings 18:30-39 (38) – Then the fire of the Lord fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench. (NIV)
Prayer is an unexplainable phenomenon that influences the physical from the spiritual. Prayer works wonders, and the more reason we must engage in it. A prayerless Christian is like a toothless lion that can be tamed and manipulated. Prayer makes our testimony sweeter. There is a fire in prayer—whenever we fail to pray, we become prey to the prowling enemy (1 Peter 5:8). Prayer is the key to every door and iron gate. When Herod killed James, he attempted to execute Peter too, but the intercession of the Church rescued him (Acts 12:1-19).
The reason behind your situations may not be unconnected to your ignorance about the potency of prayer (Hosea 4:6). Studying today’s Bible reading, we could see that Elijah understood the power of prayer and was able to call down fire. He had trust in the God that he served to shame the prophets of Baal, and the people bowed to worship God. Prayer commands authority. Meditating on the word and utilising the dominion we possess in Christ is vital to our engagement in the place of prayer.
Beloved, know that you have the word in your mouth through the Scriptures to pull down the stronghold of darkness (Ephesians 6:10-12). Use your tongue to activate the desirable. Pray in the Holy Spirit. Pray in worship and with understanding. Above all, pray without ceasing (1 Corinthians 14:15, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).
Hymn: Sweet Hour of Prayer — William W. Walford (1845)
1. Father, please usher me into a more profound revelation of You and the power of prayer.
2. Father, revive me and insert in me the engine of prayer and fire.
1. Where is the God of Elijah? Arise:
A. Let my story change within the next 24 hours.
B. Neutralise every neutraliser of good things in my life, family, nation and the Church.
2. Command fire on the environmental forces, sicknesses, marital and career problems, delays and ancestral curses, among other issues in your life!
3. Lord Jesus, please save our pastors, leaders and friends from every spiritual and physical challenge (Mention).
4. Lord Jesus, let every hunter of my life become the hunted that they may know I serve the God of Elijah.
5. Power to study the Bible, meditate and tarry in intercession fall upon me.
MAKE IT A PRAYER-FILLED WEEKEND—YOU SHALL RECEIVE THE FRESH IMPARTATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
© The Food of Champions 2021
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org)