THE PATH AND YOUR DESTINATION
Romans 8:18-31 (18)
I consider that our present sufferings are not comparable to the glory that will be revealed in us. (BSB)
Every journey leads to a destination. Never compare your path with your destiny. Your path may be crooked, but the sunshine you see should keep you going! Imagine a pregnant woman waiting to deliver—the labour she would endure to be a mother. Despite these, all she needs to do is keep pushing (1 Corinthians 9:24-27). The woman could picture her destination. Her inner ears could hear the cry of her baby. Therefore, she continues to push because she must bring forth. Just a little more effort and she arrives at her destination. What a beautiful cry of a baby and the joyful tears from the mother’s eyes. The pain does not matter anymore. She won!
Beloved, may I encourage you to stay on your path. Pay the price! Do not jump on another lane because you feel it is nice and steady. You may sometimes need to go deeper for you to go higher. Apostle Paul also admonishes us in today’s Bible reading that our current challenges cannot match the victory that is to come. Keep stirring in the right direction, you will get there by the grace of God (Isaiah 41:10-14).
Finally, in your quest to fulfil destiny, never ignore life’s lessons. Learn from yours and others’ experience. Guard your heart, be focused and maintain your tempo, such as that woman in labour. In the end, you shall receive the prize.
Hymn: Onward, Christian soldiers — Sabine Baring-Gould (1557)
- Lord Jesus, give me the grace to persevere till my glory manifests.
- Any timely, hidden or obvious negative effects of the pandemic in my life, dry up!
- Powers, using my life, family, business and career as evil experiments, scatter by fire!
- Pray for a release of grace and ease for your assignments in the ministry, school or society.
- Father, You are the great healer. Please, heal me by Your mercy.
THE HOLY GHOST SERVICE IS TONIGHT. WATCH VIA RCCG/LIVE ON YOUTUBE @18:00 (WAT)