THE MISSION OF RECONCILIATION
2 Corinthians 5:11-21 (18)
And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. (NLT)
God created man for the purpose of dominion, multiplication and fellowship. But, after the fall of man, both the young and old became vulnerable to sin. As a redemptive move, God gave His only son, Jesus Christ, to save the world and reunite us to His eternal love (Matthew 1:21; Luke 5:30-32). During His earthly ministry, Jesus healed the sick, restored the lost, comforted the broken-hearted, made disciples and empowered them to replicate His mission. Through our salvation and discipleship, we also have been commissioned to reconcile our generation back to God (Matthew 28:19-20).
How have you fared in this assignment? We must strategise a medium of connecting with people (family and neighbours) and spreading the gospel. This will require that we work on ourselves and get rid of any sin, such as malice or rage we nurse against anyone. God wants us to bury the hatchet and live a life of peace and honour. As seen in our Bible reading, reconciliation is the soul of salvation. Therefore, some people need to reconcile with God because they have gone astray from the path of divine purpose. If you are in this category, Christ came mainly for you, to rescue you from guilt and destruction. No matter your past, Jesus is stretching out His hands to receive you to Himself. Would you accept or rededicate your life to Him? (Revelation 3:20). He shall give you a new beginning!
Hymn: Amazing Grace – John Newton (1779)
- Thank the Lord for a glorious day and week ahead.
- Father, please forgive my transgressions (confess) and never let me undermine Your love.
- I receive the grace to live a Godly life and dwell on the path of purpose.
- Father, please endow me with a new vision, anointing, healing and revelation (Ask your desires).
- Father, please reverse the irreversible for my sake. Let my story change!
- Father, empower me to win souls, transform lives, heal the sick, raise the dead and set captives free.
- Strange gods and personal idols living in my heart and home, be ejected and catch fire!
- Lord, terminate any iota of shame and unredeemable errors programmed for me this day and week.
YOUR WEEK IS BLESSED!
© The Food of Champions 2021
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org