THE MERCY OF GOD
Romans 9:15 – For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” (NIV)
Read: Mark 10:46–52
Jesus was walking by when, suddenly, the blind Bartimaeus started to yell, “Thou Son of David, have mercy on me”. The Bible says that Jesus stood still and restored his sight. On another occasion, when the Pharisee prayed noticeably condemning the publican, the publican only prayed for mercy, and he was justified above the Pharisee (Luke 18:10–14). God responds to the heart that yearns for His mercy!
Today’s Bible reading shows that God decides to whom He shows mercy. Mercy renders your past and grievous sins impotent. The good news is that you are a recipient of mercy because you were saved through divine compassion and can find forgiveness in Christ. When mercy is at work in your life, you enjoy the favour and kindness of others. This is because the power of God will compel nations and institutions to subscribe to your needs.
Beloved, if you want to experience mercy, you also need to show mercy to people. It won’t matter if you have fasted and prayed; if you do not forgive your offenders or even yourself for past mistakes, you won’t attract the mercy of God. It is my prayer today that the mercy of God will begin to work wonders for your life and direct your affairs, in Jesus’ name. Cry out for mercy daily and live a life that is worthy of God’s presence.
Hymn: Softly and Tenderly Jesus Is Calling – Will. L Thompson (1880)
1. Read, meditate, and pray for forgiveness with Daniel 9:4-19.
2. Thou Son of David, Jesus Christ! I have suffered too long concerning (mention). Please, show me mercy today!
1. Father, this week, please connect me with the helpers of my destiny.
2. Father, expose every enemy around my life pretending to be my friend.
3. Father, this month move me from the inner prison of life to my Canaan land.
4. Every accuser of my long-awaited testimony, breakthrough, and promotion. Shut up and be paralysed.
5. You the Goliath of my testimony, family, Church, ministry, and nation. Crumble and die!
MERCY SHALL SPEAK FOR YOU THIS WEEK!
© The Food of Champions 2023