THE HOUSEHOLD ENEMY
Matthew 26:16 – From then on, he looked for a chance to betray Jesus. (GWT)
Read: Matthew 26, Luke 22:47-53
One of Christ’s disciples, Judas Iscariot, was the insider who delivered the Son of God to the chief priests. Today’s Bible reading tells us that after Judas collected the 30 pieces of silver, he watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to his enemies. Joseph also experienced a similar fate after he dreamed that his elders bowed to him. The young boy naively told his brothers about the dream, and they conspired to sell him into slavery (Genesis 37).
Beloved, there are household enemies like Judas who possess classified information about you and are ready to use it against you. Micah 7:6 says, “A man’s enemies are the men of his own house”. A household enemy may not necessarily be your immediate family but could be people who are close to you as friends, neighbours, or colleagues. It is important to be able to identify these domestic adversaries and escape their wrath.
How to identify and deal with the enemy within:
1. You need the Holy Spirit to open your eyes to discern and make the right judgement (Isaiah 11:1-5).
2. Proverbs 10:19 says, “Keep the mouth shut…”. Talking too much can make you sin and endanger your life and family. For example, Joseph’s problems started when he revealed his dreams to his brothers.
3. Pray investigative prayers to know the root of the enemies’ plots and the strategy to survive this wicked world (Luke 21:36).
4. Check if you are the enemy of others or of yourself. If you are an enemy, repent and cry out for mercy! (2 Corinthians 5:17).
5. Love your enemies (Luke 6:27-28).
Hymn: Victory Ahead – William Grum (1905)
1. Father, open my eyes, show me the enemy within and without, and rescue me from them!
1. Father, strengthen my hands to war and be victorious.
2. I decree! Affliction shall never rise again in my life, family, nation, and Church.
3. Holy Spirit! Expose the invisible and reveal the inaudible to me.
YOU WILL PREVAIL
© The Food of Champions 2023
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org)