For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (NIV)
A poisonous snake entered a workshop, hoping to find its dinner. It slithered from one corner to another and accidentally bumped into a double-edged axe which injured it. In revenge, the serpent bit the axe with full force. What could a bite do to an iron axe? Instead, the snake’s mouth started bleeding! Out of anger and arrogance, the snake tried to strangle the object that was causing it such pain. The next moment, it was dead and seriously cut into pieces by the axe.
The devil is the bitter and hungry serpent who seeks ways to terminate your destiny (John 10:10). Each time he fails, he gets angrier. His subsequent attempt then becomes more dangerous than the previous (Luke 11:24-26). However, God has made you His battle axe — a two-edged sword well sharpened for slaughter (Jeremiah 51:20). Therefore, we are Satan’s opponent so that every confrontation against you will continue to result in his downfall, in Jesus’ name (Luke 10:18-19).
Today’s Bible reading emphasises the potency of God’s word. With it, you can be sure of safety! In Mattew 4:1-11, when the same serpent tempted Christ, he was put in his place by the word. How much of the Bible do you know? I urge you to constantly eat the scriptures and walk in power (pray) to remain victorious against the tricks of the devil.
Hymn: Everlasting Arms — Elisha A. Hoffman & Anthony J. Showalter (1887)
- You serpent joining forces with the powers of my lineage. I am not your prey. Catch fire and let me go!
- My Father, make me Your battle axe!
- Lord, please forgive my sins of disobedience and ignorance; nurture me in a father-to-son relationship.
- Any conspiracy going on against my life, family, nation and the Church. Scatter and backfire!
- My life and spirit-man! Receive fire and ceaseless appetite for God’s word.
YOU NEED THE WORD TO CONQUER THE WORLD!