Hebrews 6:13-20 (19) – We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain. (NIV)
Read: Daniel 3
An anchor is a heavy metal piece attached to a chain and used to stabilise a ship against a storm. As human beings who are prone to challenges, we need an anchor at every moment of our lives. In Daniel 3, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were thrown into a burning furnace by King Nebuchadnezzar because they refused to bow to his god. These Hebrew men hung their anchors on Jesus with no regard for the consequences of their actions. After, Christ joined them in the burning fire and turned the heat into an air conditioner.
Today’s Bible reading assures us of the efficacy of the anchor. The anchor gives hope to the soul because it is solid and secure. Whoever uses this anchor and has Christ as the captain of their life will surely reach their goal. Beloved, in spite of what you may be experiencing at this time, hold on and refuse to give in to the enemy. Instead, like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, let your anchor of faith cling to the solid rock (God). More importantly, if need be, surrender your life and all to Jesus. He will never let you down on the journey of life.
Hymn: Will Your Anchor Hold — Priscilla J. Owens (1882)
1. Father, I surrender in totality to you. Please be my anchor!
2. Holy Spirit, please show me all I need to prosper in life and fulfil my destiny.
1. Garment of shame, tragedy, and unprofitable hard labour designed for my life, catch fire!
2. Spiritual coffins customised for my glory and physical coffins launched to trigger untimely death in my life, catch fire!
3. Any powers raiding the bank of my spiritual gifting, health, wealth, and potential, be arrested as I recover my possessions!
GOD SHALL SHOW UP FOR YOU!
© The Food of Champions 2023
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com)