TEN COMMANDMENTS (4)
Exodus 20:15 – Do not steal. (CSB)
Welcome to our study of the Commandments. This is the 8th commandment: ‘You must not steal.’
To steal is to take what belongs to another person unlawfully. As seen in our Bible reading, God commands us not to steal because the devil’s first mission is to rob, after which he kills and destroy (John 10:10). In other words, anyone who indulges in stealing is operating on the mandate of Satan because a thief can ruin his victims’ joy when he takes away their peace and valuables. The question then is, are you a thief? It does not matter if you are a hardened or petit one—if you stylishly take whatever is not yours, be it a pen, materials that seem unused in your office or large items that include burglary, abduction, forgery, and embezzlement, it is called ‘stealing’.
Beloved, are you guilty of any theft? When you desire another fellow’s possession, including spouse, it’s stealing (Deuteronomy 5:21). If what you are only interested in is to see people’s joy turn sour, you are a devil’s instrument of work. Are you also an informant so that you don’t commit the act but strategise the plan (Proverbs 29:24)? If yes! You hate your life because shame and destruction are the repercussions (Jeremiah 2:26a, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10). However, the Biblical remedy for stealing is to repent, confess and make restitution by giving back what you took unlawfully (Proverbs 6:31). After these, the fellow must find an authentic source of income to avoid temptations (Ephesians 4:28).
Hymn: Trust and Obey – John H. Sammis (1887)
1. Father, help me to obey Your commands not to steal or covet anymore!
2. Lord, destroy every force that is compelling me to sin (cheat).
3. With the help of God, I receive the grace and resources to boldly return what I stole.
(THE MIDNIGHT PRAYER)
1. Lord, raise help for my household, neighbours, nation and the church.
2. Father, arise and manifest Your power again in our homes and communities to reignite Your fear in our hearts.
3. The evil decree issued to useless my life and potentials, break by fire!
4. Please pray about our prayer programme this weekend.
JOIN US AS WE FAST, PRAY AND PRAISE THE LORD!
© The Food of Champions 2021
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com