“SLAVE OF ALL”
Mark 10:42-45 (44) – And whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. (NIV)
Read: Matthew 5:13-16
Nothing in nature lives for itself—a river does not drink its water. Trees don’t eat their fruits. The sun doesn’t give heat to itself, and the flowers don’t spread fragrance to themselves. The Almighty God created all these for the benefit of mankind and to show how human beings should replicate His service to others.
When Christ spoke to His disciples in today’s Bible reading, He emphasised that in the world, leaders may rule oppressively over the people, but the system of leadership in God’s kingdom is different. For every child of God who aspires for the top, promotion comes from having a heart of love and serving everybody, both the small and the great!
This is an encouragement for you to live your life like a candle that burns itself to give light to others. By doing this, you are demonstrating God’s love to the world, and people will know that you are a genuine disciple of Christ. It is very important to know that your life is like a book that people read. As a Christian, many are watching you and how you conduct things. You must, therefore, use your talents, status, sincerity, knowledge, resources, and abilities to win your communities for Jesus!
I leave you with Proverbs 11:25, which says: “The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed”. As you honour the Lord through your diligent service to others, you will flourish like a tree planted by the riverside, in Jesus’ name. Amen!
Hymn: Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah – William Williams (1745)
1. Father, give me a heart like Yours to be loving, humble, and serve others.
1. Holy Spirit, terminate the works of the flesh in my life (pride, envy, jealousy, hatred, self-interest, and wickedness—confess them).
2. Father, help me to spend and be spent for You.
3. Any force or action breeding sin in me; scatter by fire!
4. Father, please give me, my family, our leaders, and the Church the wisdom and revelation we need in this season.
NO MORE WASTED EFFORT
© The Food of Champions 2023