Matthew 5:13-16 (16) – In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. (NIV)
Glory is a magnificent feat, but when we fail to shine it, it becomes worthless. Not everybody has glory, and not everyone shines with their glory. The good news is that anyone who accepts Christ possesses the glory of God and is a shining light. Jesus said in John 8:12, “If you abide in me, you’ll never walk in darkness but be a shining light.” Therefore, as children of God, we must actively radiate God’s glory and light to our immediate environment and the world.
However, to shine our lights involves understanding that we are the salt of the earth. Salt purifies, preserves, and sweetens. Let’s imagine eating a meal that has no salt. It’s tasteless because the ingredient that gives it a taste is missing. Like salt, our existence and actions are vital to making an impact on our generation. Unbelievers don’t need to get to Church before they are moved to repentance. They are watching us! As our Bible reading admonishes, we must live in a way that people would acknowledge the presence of God in our lives. I encourage you to be intentional in well-doing and live a life that reflects God’s glory. By this, the world will know that you are a child of light.
PRAYER OF COVENANT
Hymn: Shining for Jesus — Johnson Oatman Jr. (1895)
1. Father, I declare that I will shine Your glory by doing good and spreading the gospel. Please, empower, inspire, and bless me for the world to see and come to Your light.
1. This year, Father please:
A. Give me the strength to work hard and be diligent.
B. Empower me to experience rapid promotion and make wealth.
2. Father, help me to do the right things at the right time with accuracy.
3. Father, open my eyes to the secrets I need to prosper this year.
4. Any power and circumstance holding my life to ransom, I am not your candidate. Release me now!
5. Any day and month that the enemy has chosen as a day of sorrow for me this year, Father, turn it to joy!
YOU SHALL EXCEL AND SHINE FORTH
© The Food of Champions 2022
Website: www.thefoodofchampions.org Email: email@example.com
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org