Mark 10:42-45 (44) – And whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. (NIV)
Nothing in nature lives for itself—a river does not drink its water. Trees don’t eat their fruits. The sun doesn’t give heat to itself, and the flowers don’t spread fragrance to themselves. The Almighty God created all these for the benefit of mankind and to show us how we should replicate His service to others.
When Christ spoke to His disciples in our Bible reading, He emphasised that though in the world, leaders rule oppressively over the people, it is the opposite in God’s kingdom. This means that for every child of God, promotion comes by having a heart of love and service to people.
Beloved, let us live our lives like a candle that burns itself to give light to others (Matthew 5:16). By demonstrating our Father’s love to the world, the people will know that we are Christ’s disciples. Also important is that our lives are similar to books that are read. We must, therefore, use our talents, status, sincerity, knowledge, resources, and abilities to win our communities for Jesus!
I leave you with Proverbs 11:25, which says: “The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed”. As you honour God and serve others, you will flourish in every good work, in Jesus’ name.
Hymn: Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah – William Williams (1745)
1. Father, give me a heart like Yours to be loving, humble and serve others.
1. Holy Spirit, terminate the works of the flesh in my life (pride, envy, jealousy, hatred, self-interest, and wickedness (confess).
2. Father, help me to spend and be spent for You.
3. Any force or action breeding sin in me; scatter by fire!
4. Father, please give me, my family, our leaders and the church the wisdom and revelation we need at this moment.
NO MORE WASTED EFFORT
© The Food of Champions 2022
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org)