Daniel 2:1-49 (22) – He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. (NIV)
God is the overseer who sees the hidden and open things (Hebrews 4:13). He wants us as carriers of light not just to see, but to discern beyond the ordinary! For example, during the great famine in Samaria where the people ate their children, no one could expect a turnaround. But Elisha saw past the physical and declared, ‘By this time tomorrow, there shall be abundance…’ and it did come to pass (2 Kings 6:24—7:1-20).
Beloved, how far can you see, or do you even see at all? How tight is your relationship with God? Today’s Bible reading tells us that God only shows the secret things to His people, such as revealed to Daniel, who then got promoted. Elisha also didn’t just begin to prophesy; he must have paid the price of fervency in prayer, servanthood, and the fear of God (Psalms 25:14). This is a call for us to move beyond the usual, to see deeply and know the mind of God for every situation. It shall be well with you, in Jesus’ name. Amen. Be Born Again!
Hymn: Trust and Obey — John H. Sammis (1887)
1. Lord, please open my eyes to see the invisible and my ears to hear the inaudible!
2. Father, I don’t want to be an ordinary Christian. Please, endow me with the power to do great exploits.
1. Holy Ghost! Clear away every spiritual cataract from my vision.
2. I come against strange episodes of failure and sudden loss in my life, family, and the church.
3. Father, please cancel every covenant of shame in my life and family.
THE HOLY GHOST SERVICE IS TONIGHT!
© The Food of Champions 2020
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com)