SCENT OF WATER
Job 14:7-9 (9) – At the scent of water it will flourish And produce sprigs like a plant. (NASB)
When the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly. In other words, what people thought would bring your defeat shall instead, announce your glory. This was Joseph’s experience when he was hated and sold to Egypt. His brethren must have thought it was over for him. But it was through the slavery that he became a prime minister (Genesis 37-50). I pray that the grace to wait on God even in the darkest times shall be released unto you, in Jesus’ name.
Today’s Bible reading also admonished that no matter our condition, there is hope and at the scent of water, we shall rise again. The scent of water here could represent the Holy Spirit and our faith. The Holy Spirit strengthens and instructs us, while faith gives assurance when we pray (Ephesians 3:16-20). It was also the Holy Spirit in Joseph, that prompted and sustained him on the higher ground (Acts 7:9-10). Therefore, always yearn for the water that quenches every taste, and you will discover that those challenges shall fade away so that you flourish in grace, in Jesus’ name (Isaiah 44:3-4).
Hymn: Fill my Cup, Lord – Richard Blanchard (1959)
1. Holy Spirit, fill me with your water and feed me till I want no more.
2. Cloud of difficulties and shame hovering over my life; clear away!
3. Father, please turn my present mess to messages of hope and my trials to testimonies of transformation.
1. Inherited battles and family crisis, expire in my life today!
2. Father, transform me from a victim to a victor and take me to the next levels.
3. I cancel death and tragedies in my life, families, nation and the church.
4. This weekend! I shall see the hand of God in my matter (mention)
5. Ask for specific things you desire this weekend.
THIS WEEKEND SHALL BE FULL OF PLEASANT SURPRISES AND JOYS!
© The Food of Champions 2021
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org)