Proverbs 16:18 – Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. (NIV)
Pride is a feeling of deep pleasure at one’s achievements or qualities. As seen in our Bible reading, one of the signs of an imminent fall is self-importance. Whenever you find an arrogant fellow, you can be sure of their decline. We see an example of Satan in Isaiah 14:12-15 when he was relegated after he said, “I will ascend to heaven and set my throne above God’s stars.” (NLT). God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble. If we understand that there is nothing we have that is not given from above, we will become meek (1 Corinthians 4:7).
Beloved, regardless of our wealth, talents, and fame, we must be subject to the giver of all things because God can decide to close our chapter, such as the rich fool (Luke 12:16–21). This man achieved much but failed to honour God, and his soul was taken away. I encourage you to set the Holy Spirit as your mirror to reveal yourself to you because, in Christ, the way up is down (Matthew 20:26-28). To permanently enjoy divine grace and elevation, humility is necessary.
Song: I Give Myself Away – William McDowell (2009)
1. Every iota of pride I have in me, Father, please terminate it and give me a humble spirit.
1. Whatever I have placed my confidence in over God, I receive the grace and courage to dissociate from it.
2. Father, please reign over my life, family, nation, and Church more than ever.
3. By the blood of Jesus, I cancel the agenda of the wasters of destiny for my life.
4. I receive light in the darkened arena of my life and destiny. No more lack of clarity!
© The Food of Champions 2021
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com