PAUL’S EXPERIENCE IN ATHENS
Acts 17:16-34 (16) – While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was deeply troubled by all the idols he saw everywhere in the city. (NLT)
It is not a coincidence that God positioned you where you are today. It could be to nurture you to become more responsible and fruitful because the sole obligation of every believer is to bear lasting fruit. Therefore, pray and think about what you can do to ignite the fire of change in your generation.
In today’s Bible reading, Paul became worried when he saw that the city of Athens was immersed in idol worship. Paul did not sit back; rather, he interacted with the community and preached about Christ. After this, some people mocked him, and a few wanted to hear more of the gospel later, while others became believers. Among those saved were Dionysius, a council member who became the first Bishop of the Church in Athens, and Damaris, who was a high-class prostitute.
Beloved, you are not in this world to be an onlooker but to make an impact. Paul’s presence in Athens was productive because he was sensitive to proclaiming the word of salvation. In the same way, Christ has appointed you as an agent of revival because there are many idols in the city (sin), and there are people like “Dionysius and Damaris” waiting to be saved. Be determined to reach out in your own way to spread the gospel, and there will be a performance in Jesus’ name.
Hymn: I Know in Whom I Have Believed (Daniel W. Whittle, 1883)
1. Father, please reveal my calling and purpose to me and help me fulfil them.
2. Father, create in me a compassion for the lost and the strategy to win them back to You.
1. Father, please reverse the irreversible for my sake and let my story change.
2. Father, empower me as Your vessel to win souls, transform lives, heal the sick, raise the dead, and set captives free.
3. Father, please do a creative miracle in my life, family, nation, and Church to give us new vision, power, healing, and body organs (mention).
CHRIST IN YOU, THE HOPE OF GLORY
© The Food of Champions 2022
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com)