Psalms 103:2 – Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— (NIV)
‘We have benefited from the choicest bounties of heaven. We have grown in numbers, wealth, and power more than other nations. However, we have forgotten God and His gracious hand, which preserved us in peace, love, strength and prosperity. We have vainly imagined in our hearts that these blessings were produced by our wisdom and ability. Therefore, we have become intoxicated with unbroken success, and feel too self-sufficient to acknowledge God’s preserving grace!’
The above is the paraphrased speech of Abraham Lincoln, given on March 30, 1863. Interestingly, after decades, many nations and individuals are still guilty of the claims. Because if at all they remember God; it is when they are in distress, and after their needs are met, they forget the hands that blessed them (Deuteronomy 8:6-20).
Beloved, we must discard every act of pride and self-sufficiency (Galatians 6:3)— no man or nation is a highland; we need God to excel. Moreover, God resists the proud (James 4:6) and as our Bible reading says, everyone of us must maintain a heart of humility and gratitude to God. Whether in the good, bad or trying times, praise ye the Lord— Hallelujah!
Hymn: Praise God from Whom all Blessings flow — Thomas Ken (1674)
1. I repent of the sin of ingratitude. Father, please forgive me!
2. Lord, thank You for every blessing we enjoy as individuals, families, the church and nations.
1. Holy Ghost! Burn my garment of pride.
2. Father, seal every gap the enemies are exploiting in my life.
3. My destiny and long-awaited breakthroughs (mention)— manifest!
4. Pray on your listed desires!
BE BORN AGAIN!
© The Food of Champions 2020