ONLY BY FAITH
2 Corinthians 5:1-10 (7) – For we live by faith, not by sight. (NIV)
When the Syrian army hunted for Elisha, his servant rushed in panic to inform him. But Elisha told him, “Do not be afraid, those with us are more than those with them”. He then prayed, and the servant’s eyes opened to see an array of horses and chariots of fire roundabout his master (2 Kings 6). This account is similar to that of Numbers 13, where the spies sent to Canaan land couldn’t but see themselves as grasshoppers in the sight of others. Evidently, these people were self-defeated!
It is a fact that the reality of things may negate the spiritual. What you see today could seem extremely far from God’s intention for your life (Isaiah 55:7-13). That is why we must never see certain things from the human perspective, especially the issue of faith. In our Bible reading, Apostle Paul was talking about our bodies being transformed into a new body. He was referring to the glory that is to come, and because this is futuristic, Paul mentioned that we live by faith and not by our present experience. Indeed, faith is a spiritual currency and a function of believing what we cannot immediately see or touch (Hebrews 11:6). Another dimension to faith is that it triggers supernatural insight—seeing the invisible in the face of reality. These are what were lacking in the case of Elisha’s servant and the spies at Canaan.
Beloved, there are three important take-homes. First, you are what you see and think (Proverbs 23:7). Live by faith and conform your ideology to God’s wisdom. Second, your faith must constantly revive your relationship with God and prayer altar to the extent that you will see the secret things like Elisha did. Finally, let the spiritual shape your physical because “you cannot actualise what you can’t visualise”. Until you see things the way heaven does, you remain an object of human experimentation! (1 Corinthians 2:14).
Hymn: Will Your Anchor Hold? — Priscilla J. Owens (1882)
1. Father, disconnect fear, self-defeat, low self-value and failure (mention) from the rhythm of my life.
2. From now, I see and enjoy mercy, healing, marital breakthroughs, open doors, spiritual growth and greatness (prophesy).
1. Father, please open my spiritual eyes to behold Your glory!
2. Father, help Your Church and me to hear the inaudible and obey.
3. Every obstacle to the fulfilment of God’s promises for my life, be uprooted.
4. Father, let the rain of good things that I am due for begin to fall.
5. Father, direct the spouses You have ordained for our marriageable singles until they locate themselves.
6. Powers assigned to disconnect me from the source of help and glory, scatter!
7. MAKE IT A PRAYER-FILLED WEEKEND.
THE HOLY GHOST SERVICE IS TONIGHT. WATCH AT 18:00 (WAT) VIA YOUTUBE/RCCGLIVE.
© The Food of Champions 2021