NO TO SUICIDE
Psalm 34:18 – The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (NIV)
The act of suicide could be traced to issues with which the perpetrators could not cope, so they thought killing themselves would end their misery. But the truth is that the journey to damnation has just begun (Exodus 20:13).
Whatever situation makes you feel worthless and suicidal must be tackled. Anything causing the mind to faint and believe that death or self-harm would bring lasting peace must be defeated. Studying the life of Job, he had every reason to kill himself, especially after his wife told him to curse God and die (Job 2:9-10). In spite of these, Job waited on God, and he enjoyed restoration.
Beloved, if you are experiencing emotional imbalance or self-destructive thoughts, as seen in today’s Bible reading, rest in God. It pays to wait on the Lord—He is able to turn situations around. God does not forsake those who call on Him. He gave the Holy Spirit to minister grace and comfort to His people (John 14:26). Therefore, I encourage you to acknowledge God’s path in your life and yield to the leading of His Spirit. In addition, seek advice where necessary and avoid things that drain you emotionally. All will be well, in Jesus’ name.
Hymn: I Must Tell Jesus — Elisha A. Hoffman (1893)
1. Holy Ghost, please lead me in Your sweet fellowship so that I may enjoy the joy of salvation.
2. Blood of Jesus! Silence any ancestral suicidal voices, saying, “it is my turn to die!”
1. Father, stabilise my emotions (thoughts) and give me peace that passes all understanding!
2. I decree! Affliction shall never rise again in my life and the church.
3. Father, as a family, nation, and church, please move us into our season of rest.
4. Please pray for the weak and brokenhearted.
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE ANTIDOTE TO SUICIDE!
© The Food of Champions 2022
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org)