MERCY BEFORE MANIFESTATION
Psalms 136:1-26 (23) – He remembered us when we were humiliated— because his mercy endures forever. (GW)
The mercy of God often comes before the manifestation of miracles. No wonder David testified of the Lord’s mercy in our Bible reading. There, he affirmed that divine compassion prompts our salvation from troubles. This is verified by the story of the ten lepers in Luke 17:11-19. These lepers’ first statement was, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us”, and they got their healing. Likewise did Bartimaeus after he shouted, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” (Mark 10:46-52). In a reversed manner, when Jesus saw the man at the pool of Bethesda, He knew he had been in that condition for years so that He was moved by sympathy (John 5:1-15).
Beloved, what are you aspiring to achieve? Whatever it is, we need the mercy of God because it is the basis for receiving anything through grace (Hebrews 4:16). As seen in the above cases, testimonies are functions of mercy. That is, without God’s kindness, there is no manifestation of wonders (Romans 9:15). Mercy can also trigger the transformation of guilt to salvation, such as our conversion from the Adamic nature (sin) to life in Christ (Romans 6:6-14). Therefore, I encourage you to seek God’s mercy continually. No matter who you are or what you have done, just come as you are. If you repent, God’s mercy will speak for you (Ephesians 2:8-9).
Hymn: I Will Sing of the Mercies of the Lord — James H. Fillmore (1864)
1. Father, I repent today (confess). Please have mercy on me and cleanse all my sins!
2. Father, by Your mercy, let my condition move You to action in my life.
1. By divine mercy, arrangement and appointment, Father cause my helpers to locate me.
2. Cobweb spirit blocking glorious help from me, catch fire!
3. Blood of Jesus! Wipe off every mark of hatred and disfavour inscribed on my head, body and destiny.
4. Father, please make ways for my helpers, family, friends, the Church and even the enemy that they may repent.
HONOUR IS YOUR NAME!
© The Food of Champions 2021
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org