MERCY AND GRATITUDE
Luke 17:11-19 (13) – And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. (KJV)
Mercy is an act of divine favour that precedes the manifestation of miracles. Before anything can be achieved, we must attract God’s mercy to move Him to action in our lives. We can learn from the example of the ten lepers in our Bible reading. When these men met Jesus, their first statement was, “Master, have mercy on us.” And they were cleansed! We need to walk in the understanding that God’s mercy is available to us and that it works wonders when we cry out for it. My prayer for you is that your current situation will attract divine mercy, in Jesus’ name.
The other part of today’s reading focuses on how to maintain God’s mercy and blessing. After the lepers received their miracles through mercy, only one of them returned to give thanks to the Lord. Then Christ said to him, “Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.” This statement shows that thanksgiving is vital to sustaining what we have received from God. Beloved, it is not only enough to attract God’s attention through mercy; we also need to keep Him focused on us by constantly giving thanks. Thanksgiving is the secret for more!
Peradventure, you have prayed and still haven’t gotten any results. Continue asking for God’s mercy and add thanksgiving to your prayers. Heaven will hearken to you, in Jesus’ name.
Hymn: Now Thank We All Our God — Martin Rinkart (1636)
1. Father, I repent of all my sins and ingratitude. Please have mercy on me and make me whole.
2. In this present state of my life, health, or marriage (mention), Father, please let my condition move You to action.
1. Whatever will happen that will untimely terminate my destiny and journey of greatness, Father, destroy them.
2. I shall not die before the manifestation of God’s glory in my life, family, and church.
3. Father, deliver me from any unfruitful labour and impending shame.
THEY SHALL CONGRATULATE YOU!
© The Food of Champions 2022
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com)