MAKE ROOM FOR TWO
Romans 12:1-2 (1) – Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. (NIV)
Nothing is void in life. At one point in time, it is either we are filled with something positive or negative. As Christians, we must ensure that it is the presence of God that fills our hearts. The Bible tell us that “The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.” Psalm 145:18 (NIV). Indeed, we need to create space for God in our day-to-day activities. He desires our fellowship, and we should also crave His companionship because that is the purpose of our creation (1 John 1:3).
If you discover that something takes your attention away from your maker, there is a need to re-strategise. Ask yourself: for who or what am I making room in my life? Reflect on this and if the one you have been making room for is not God, decide on what changes you must make to allow room for God. This could be to minimise the time spent on social media and other unprofitable adventures.
Beloved, make a conscious effort to make room for two, that is, you and the Lord. Strengthen your communion with Him by studying and meditating on the Scriptures. Spend time on prayers and praising God (Psalms 34:1-3). As seen in our Bible reading, present your body, soul, and spirit always before God. Let Him dwell in you and you in Him because this is true worship.
Hymn: Draw Me Nearer – Frances J. Crosby (1875)
1. Father, have mercy on me in any way I have not made You my priority in life.
2. Father, please give me the grace to put You first in all I do.
1. Any sin that will cut me off from Heaven’s register, Father, blot them out and create a new me.
2. Satanic wilderness detaining my destiny, release it by fire.
3. I refuse to be the sacrificial lamb of my father’s house. Father, pull me out of struggles and shame.
4. What no man, lawyer, fame, or money can do. Father, do it for me speedily by Your mercy.
RCCG CONVENTION STARTS NEXT WEEK
© The Food of Champions 2021
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org