LOVE YOUR WIFE
1 Corinthians 7:1-7 (3) – The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. (NIV)
What makes a husband is not the marriage certificate but the devout love for his wife and fulfilling the marital obligations as noted in our Bible reading. Apostle Paul admonished that the man must love his wife as his (own) body like Christ loved the Church. This is because any man who loves his wife loves himself (Ephesians 5:21-33). The emphasis on Christ and the Church depicts that whatever Jesus represents should be the guiding principles of the husband’s conduct to his family. Christ loves, forgives, heals, fed many, led by example, and died for us when we were yet in sin (Romans 5:8). All these must reflect in a man’s character to his household.
As husbands, let’s do a check. Do you genuinely adore and provide for your wife and children? Do you spend time with the family, or you rather excuse yourself from the responsibilities and leaving the wife to it? Know that anyone who fails to cater for his household denies the faith, and he’s worse than an unbeliever (1 Timothy 5:8). This means that regardless of your spirituality, personality, generosity, anointing, role in the kingdom service or status in society, if you do not love your woman, you are not replicating Christ’s legacy. Whoever is not of Christ is against Him (Luke 11:23). God is watching! Every husband shall give an account as the head of their homes (Ecclesiastes 12:14).
Hymn: More About Jesus – Eliza E. Hewitt (1887)
1. Father, please make me responsible and love You, my wife, and family from the heart.
2. Any word, error or action, triggered to chop down my home, be wiped off by the blood of Jesus.
1. Father, please restore the lost sources of livelihood of our men and individuals.
2. Whether the devil likes it or not, I shall wear my garment of glory!
3. Battles that weakens the hand and disgraces the family; scatter in my life!
4. We pull down satanic walls erected against families, our nations and the Church.
5. Father, uproot the seed of laziness and mediocrity in my life. Open my eyes to opportunities!
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR WIFE
© The Food of Champions 2021
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com