LOVE AND MARRIAGE
1 John 4:16 – And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. (NIV)
The foundation of every Christian marriage should be love. Where there is love, you can be sure of God’s abiding presence. Today’s Bible reading confirms that God is love, and anyone who dwells in love automatically becomes a carrier of divine aura. Christ is the ultimate symbol of love, and He demonstrated this by loving the Church so much that He gave His life for her. Therefore, all that Christ represents must be the model for every Christian home.
These are some of God’s examples for a marriage:
1. Christ loves the Church: The husband is to love his wife, make her holy, and cleanse her with water through the word. Likewise, the wife must submit to her husband (Ephesians 5:22-33).
2. Jesus cares for us: Sincere love should result in an unrestricted act of caring and giving between couples (Ephesians 4:2-3, 32).
3. God protects His people: God’s love in marriage keeps the home intact and safe from intruders (1 Peter 4:8).
4. God forgives our sins: Godly love means overlooking each other’s faults but helping one another towards perfection (1 Thessalonians 5:11).
5. The Lord heals the sick and the brokenhearted: Marital love must bring about a cordial relationship and being there for each other when the chips are down (Mark 10:9).
6. God satisfies His people: Have a strong emotional bond with your spouse. He or she owns the key to your body (1 Corinthians 7:4).
7. God commands multiplication: Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it (Genesis 1:28).
Above all, love each other deeply because love covers a multitude of sins, and it shall be well with you!
Hymn: God Give Us Christian Homes — Baylus B. McKinney (1991)
1. Father, more than ever, let Your love shape the reality of my life and marriage.
1. Thank you, Jesus, for everything You are doing in and around my life.
2. Father, please put an end to all of my anxiety, heart palpitations, and health problems tonight.
3. Lord Jesus, please begin to reveal Your glory to our nations, ministries, families, and the Church.
4. I decree that in 2022, I will be established in God’s perfect will and wisdom!
YOUR HOME SHALL BE SWEETER THAN SWEET
© The Food of Champions 2022
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org