LEAVE THE PAST BEHIND
Philippians 3:3-14 (13) – My friends, I don’t feel I have already arrived. But I forget what is behind, and I struggle for what is ahead. (CEV)
God wants us to enjoy success regularly. But we must be careful not to dwell too much on past success because it might hinder us from reaching our full potential. In today’s Bible reading, despite Paul’s accomplishments in career and ministry, he never felt as if he had arrived. Instead, he counted his accolades as “rubbish” to attain the glory ahead (vs 3-11). Paul refused to linger on his past successes so he could seize more opportunities for the future. This means that, regardless of our accomplishments, we must never allow pride or complacency to set in. Give glory to God and forge ahead to achieve more.
Some people have also exchanged the position of the Holy Spirit for human instincts. They depend on their abilities rather than trust God to carry them through every challenge. Anyone in this category must repent. In the things of the spirit, don’t depend on your experience or the same strategy you used on your previous assignment. Rely on the Holy Spirit to help you with the new task. Above all, I encourage you to break free from the shackles of the past by praying and conquering more grounds. You are a winner!
Hymn: Onward, Christian Soldiers — Sabine Baring-Gould (1865)
1. Father, deliver me from the power of the past, hindering my greater tomorrow.
1. Lion of Judah, swallow every devouring animal stationed at the gate of my elevation.
2. Holy Ghost, empower me to stand in the gap in prayers for my home, business, nation and the Church.
3. I release myself from every domestic and external captivity, and I jail my jailers.
4. My Father, please let it be my turn to celebrate new things and be celebrated.
5. My dream life, carry fire and dislodge any evil king governing my sleep!
TONIGHT IS THE HOLY GHOST SERVICE. WATCH LIVE @18:00 (WAT) VIA YOUTUBE/RCCGLIVE
© The Food of Champions 2022
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com)