JUST DO IT
Ephesians 5:15-18 (16) – Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. (NLT)
A 40-year-old man was contemplating getting his first degree, so he went to his dad for advice, and the dad asked how long it would take to get it. He said, “3 years”. The father then asked him how old he would be by the time of graduation. The man said, “43”. Finally, the dad asked, “Son, how old will you be in 3 years if you don’t get the degree?” This means that, regardless of any decisions the man makes, time does not wait.
Beloved, time is swift and essential in the pattern of life. When Jesus began His ministry at the age of 30, He recognised the importance of time and completed His mission in 3 years (Luke 3:23). In today’s Bible reading, Apostle Paul also knew the essence of time when he gave the admonition for us to wake up and not let opportunities pass by. We must not wait until old age before doing things that could have been done earlier. Let’s endeavour to give our best now that we have the strength to serve the Lord and subdue mountains. With God on our side, we will excel.
Hymn: Work, for the Night, is Coming – Anna L. Coghill (1854)
1. Father, help me to make the most of my time by doing the right thing at the right time.
1. Father, wherever I am running late in my purpose of existence, please grant me the grace for timely accomplishment.
2. Thou angel and agent of my prosperity, glory and success. Appear in my life!
3. Father, please turn my points of ridicule to dumb-founding miracles.
4. Father, let all who have looked down on me, begin to look up to You in my life.
5. Father, let Your goodness and mercy follow me, my family, nation and the church.
YOU ARE UNSTOPPABLE
© The Food of Champions 2022
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org)