IT IS WELL!
2 Kings 4:8-37 – Run to meet her and ask her, ‘Are you all right? Is your husband all right? Is your child all right?’” “Everything is all right,” she said (NIV)
In 1873, Horatio Gates Spafford lost all his four daughters in a ship mishap in which only his wife, Anna, survived. Mr Spafford then sailed through the tragic location, and while on the trip, he wrote the evergreen hymn, ‘It is well with my soul’. Subsequently, the family accepted their fate and invested more in charitable and missionary work. I pray! Tragedies of any kind shall never be your portion, in Jesus’ name.
Be that as it may, when challenges come, what do you see, say, or act? As seen in our Bible reading, can you remain positive like the Shunammite woman, who despite losing her son, maintained that ‘All was well’, even before Elisha revived the child? It is my prayer that from today, all shall indeed be well in every area of your life, in Jesus’ name.
Therefore, in every situation, we must stay optimistic, and trust in the Lord, such as this woman and Mr Spafford did (Proverbs 24:10). We must be bold to face our fears as David confronted Goliath when others could only see defeat (1 Samuel 17). Be Born Again!
Hymn: It Is Well – Horatio Gates Spafford (1873)
1. Father, please let all be well with my life, family, nation, the church, and the writer (mention).
2. Lord! Please reveal me to me and the secrets I need to know to succeed in destiny.
1. Father, turn me to a cornerstone that cannot get molested.
2. Glory terminators holding my destiny, release it and expire!
3. Rivers of affliction flowing over my life, dry up!
4. Miracles of ‘how did it happen?’, enter my life!
5. My destiny, receive divine acceleration!
© The Food of Champions 2020
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com)