HOLIER THAN THOU?
Romans 5:6-11 (8) – But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. (NLT)
Regardless of our past sins or downfall, we can receive compassion because God is gracious, and how He sees us matters more than man’s condemnation. For example, in Luke 18:9-14, the publicans were generally regarded as touts because they were tax collectors. One day, a publican and the Pharisee went to pray; the publican prayed humbly for mercy while the Pharisee prayed aloud condemning the other. In sum, the publican (sinner) was justified above the ‘Holier-than-thou’ Pharisee.
Similarly, the woman caught in the act of adultery was liable to die by stoning. But, when Christ stepped in, she was set free and those that were to stone her suddenly discovered they were not perfect either (John 8:1-12).
Beloved, no matter the size of your sins, Jesus came purposely to redeem you. As seen in our Bible reading, He died for us while we were rotten in sin. Don’t pretend as the holiest and judging others; instead, acknowledge your loopholes. Repent and help the perishing to repentance. Jesus is calling everyone (Revelation 3:20). Will you accept Him today?—He shall save you from your guilt! (1 John 1:5-10).
Hymn: Softly and Tenderly, Jesus Is Calling – Will L. Thompson (1880)
1. Father, please forgive my sins and mistakes (confess)!
2. Lord, please restore every broken hope, trust, and joy in my life (mention).
3. Father, silence every voice of condemnation, pity, and death crying against me.
1. Holy Ghost! Break my known and unconscious agreement with strange gods and idols.
2. I receive divine help to accomplish my abandon projects (mention)
3. Thou joy of the Lord! Please, be our strength as a nation, people, and church.
YOU SHALL TESTIFY!
© The Food of Champions 2020
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org)