Mark 4:35-41 (39) – He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. (NIV)
Nobody is free from the issues of life because this is not our home (John 16:33). We all are on a journey and as travellers would equip themselves so are we expected to fend off every trial (Ephesians 6:10-18). In today’s Bible reading, Jesus was asleep on the ship during the storm. But His disciples who thought they would perish quickly woke Him and immediately, Jesus restored a great calm.
The disciples might have perished that day without Christ’s presence because Proverbs 18:10 tells us that, He is the strong tower and anybody that runs to Him shall get saved. Indeed, the difference between testifiers and the complainers is ‘if Jesus is in their boat’ (Isaiah 43:2). For example, those who made God their foundation in Matthew 7:24-27 were the ones that withstood the rain, storm and wind. Therefore, no matter what you are going through, when Jesus is present with you (John 14:18); victory is certain! (Romans 8:28)
Beloved, know it that ‘the manifestation of your breakthroughs is a function of the level of trust you have in God’. Learn to trust in Him, but if you have not accepted Jesus, He cannot stay in your boat (Isaiah 59:1-2). Be Born Again!
Hymn: ‘Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus – Louisa M. R. Stead (1882)
1. Father, please forgive my sins and unfaithfulness to You and my divine purpose.
2. Lord Jesus, thank You because I am standing. Please, rebuke every storm assigned to bury me!
1. Father, I have been troubled. Please, help my unbelief and destroy every unprofitable appetite in me.
2. Any power, planning for my shame and defeat; be buried in the ocean of disappointment.
3. Talk to Jesus about those issues – He is right there with you!
IT IS A FRUITFUL DAY AND WEEK
© The Food of Champions 2021
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com)