Judges 16:23-31 (30) – Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived. (NIV)
There are different types of champions. There are the champions to be, the reigning champions, the undisputed champions, and the ex-champions. God’s desire is for His children to become reigning, undisputed champions (Divine Champions). Therefore, we must strive to be at the level of the reigning and undisputed champions to enjoy the full benefits of God’s promises to us.
However, one of the saddest things that can happen to a champion is losing their crown. A good example is Samson, who was so powerfully anointed that he tore a lion and a goat apart with his bare hands. But after Samson fell to Delilah (an enemy in disguise), he became an ex-champion. In today’s Bible reading, the “once great Samson” perished in the camp of his enemies. Beloved, in order not to be an ex-champion, there are requirements that we must fulfil to maintain our status as divine champions in 2022.
1. Live a holy and sin-free life (Hebrews 12:1).
2. Have unwavering faith in God (Hebrews 11:6).
3. Study the Word (2 Timothy 2:15).
4. Be submissive to God in all things (James 4:7).
5. You must agree with God and desire to know Him more (Amos 3:3).
6. Worship God in spirit and truth (John 4:23-24).
7. Put your confidence only in God (Jeremiah 17:7-8).
8. Be bold as a lion to confront and conquer (Joshua 1:9).
9. Let fasting and prayer be your lifestyle (Matthew 17:21).
10. Replicate God’s glory by making more champions (Matthew 5:15-16).
Hymn: Higher Ground – Johnson Oatman, Jr. (1898)
1. Father, by Your power, don’t let me be an ex-champion. Please, keep me standing!
(THE CROSSOVER PRAYER)
1. I leap over the failures and disappointments of 2021 (mention) to live the life of a divine champion in 2022.
2. Ask God for anything you want for the first seven days of 2022. It is done!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
© The Food of Champions 2021
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org