Habakkuk 2:2-3 (3) – For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. (KJV)
On August 28, 1963, over 125,000 people gathered on Woodward Avenue in Detroit to mark the 20th memorial of the 34 people killed in racial violence in America. That day, Rev. (Dr) Martin Luther King, Jr., delivered a remarkable speech (I Have a Dream) in which he foresaw an America free of ethnic inequality and ruled by a black president. The speech was unreasonable because, at the time, no black could sit down on a bus where a white person stood. But, on January 20, 2009, a black man became the president of America.
Beloved, the worst thing that can happen to you is not to have a dream. The world’s great men and women once had dreams and still have visions. With God on your side, you too can dream big like Martin Luther King, Jr. Regardless of how positively terrifying your vision is, never allow toxic-minded people or the fear of failure to weigh you down. Today’s Bible reading gives assurance of God’s commitment to fulfilling your purposeful aspirations. Therefore, I urge you to write your visions clearly, pray and work with them. Your dreams will surely come to pass.
Hymn: We Shall Overcome – Rev. Dr Charles Albert Tindley (1900)
1. Father, please let my visions find fulfilment by Your grace and power.
2. Father, save my loved ones and me from dead dreams, blurred ideas, and destiny killers.
1. Father, please forgive my sins of disobedience and ignorance and nurture me in a father-to-son relationship.
2. The old serpent joining forces with the scorpions of my family shrine. I’m not your prey. Catch fire, and let me go!
3. My life and spirit-man! Receive a ceaseless appetite for God’s word.
“Often, God manifests through divinely-inspired dreams and visions”. Dare to Dream!
© The Food of Champions 2022
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com)