DO NOT STING!
Jeremiah 17:9 – The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? (KJV)
A scorpion asked a water turtle if it could carry him across a river. “Do you think I’m stupid? You will sting me while swimming, and I will drown”, exclaimed the turtle. The scorpion laughed and said, “If I were to sting you, you would drown, and I would go down with you. What is the logic in that?” “You’re right! Let’s go”, said the turtle.
The scorpion climbed aboard, and halfway through the river, it gave the water turtle a mighty sting! As they both sank to the bottom of the river, the turtle angrily said, “You said there would be no sense in stinging me. Why did you do it?” “It has nothing to do with sense. It is just in my character to sting.” the scorpion sadly replied.
Beloved, this story describes the heart of an ungodly person. As seen in today’s Bible reading, regardless of how good you are to people, if they have not genuinely died to flesh, their instinct would be to sting you. This sting could manifest as betraying, stealing, gossiping, backbiting, cheating, or keeping malice. Therefore, as a child of God, be sensitive. When people attack you, don’t stop loving and praying for them. They will soon discover that evil never wins. Only love wins! (Romans 12:20).
Song: Order My Steps — The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir (1996)
1. Father, if I’m the scorpion, please forgive me and create in me a clean heart.
2. Lord Jesus! Deliver me from the known or secret enemy and give me discernment!
1. Father, encourage every doer of the good to continue irrespective of the opposition.
2. Father, please strengthen all who are weak in times like these.
3. Jehovah, the Lord of Hosts, slay the army of destruction unleashed against me, my household, and the church.
SPEND TIME PRAYING IN THE HOLY GHOST
© The Food of Champions 2022
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com)