DO NOT FEAR
2 Timothy 1:7 – For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. (NIV)
The devil visited Street 1, 2, 3….killing 100 people on each street. On getting to the sixth avenue, he was exhausted and left a message that he would return. The next day, he met the news that over 500 people had died because of the fear of his coming. Therefore, he felt there was no need to take more lives that day since he already got more than enough.
Fear is a killer — because we panic about everything within and around us (the enemies, suspicious neighbours and colleagues). We become scared of what tomorrow may bring; thus, we lose faith in God. However, statistics show that most of the things we worry about do not eventually happen. Nowadays, even the youths now experience high blood pressure, leading to hypertension, among other sicknesses (Proverbs 12:25).
Beloved, to conquer fear and death, we must sort out our issues with God alone. As seen in today’s Bible reading, when we possess the Holy Spirit, fear is nullified, and power, love and sound mind become our reality. Therefore, let us come boldly to the Lord’s presence, study the word and pray fervently. He shall help you and strengthen your faith! (Hebrews 4:16)
Hymn: More About Jesus — Eliza E. Hewitt (1887)
1. Father, please banish fear, worry and anxiety from my life, family and the Church.
2. Lord Jesus, help my unbelief and turn my story around even before today is over.
1. I decree that I start this day in joy and shall end with boundless testimonies and confidence in God.
2. Father, in my life, family, business, nation and the Church, thy will be done!
3. Pray with Isaiah 41:10-14.
4. Every negative thought suggested to me, I discard you by the power of the Holy Spirit.
5. Arrows of madness and long-term affliction, fired into my life, go back to sender!
YOU ARE A TESTIMONY!
© The Food of Champions 2021
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org)