DO NOT BE COMPLACENT
1 Peter 5:8 – Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. (NLT)
Complacency is silent but a great enemy of victory because it is a feeling of quiet pleasure or security, often while unaware of potential dangers. Our journey in life is like a boxing match where you cannot afford to slip or fantasise with your opponent (1 Corinthians 10:12). In other words, we must not at any time get too comfortable, satisfied, claiming ‘holier than thou’ or underrate anyone. We saw an excellent example in Moses, who led his people through hards times, only to miss out on the glory land (Deuteronomy 32:51-52).
Beloved, never take God or the enemy for granted, even as our Bible reading reminds us that Satan wanders around like a desperate and angry lion, looking for preys. Therefore, we ought to stay alert, for once we are still alive, the journey is far from over. The devil will always try to derail God’s children, but the good news is that Christ came to secure our victory (John 10:10). Have you become overconfident or already knocked down? If yes! Retrace your steps and rise again. It shall be well with you, in Jesus’ name. Amen!
Hymn: Onward, Christian soldiers — Sabine Baring-Gould (1557)
1. Father, I thank You for preserving my life and household.
a. Thank You for loving, providing for our needs and being our shield and buckler.
b. Thank You, Lord, for the joy of my salvation.
2. Father, please guide me never to become proud and complacent in my life’s engagements.
1. Father, give me the courage I need at every moment to scale through the hurdles of life.
2. Lord, in the darkest hour, help me, my family, nation and the Church to maximise Your power and shine the light of Christ.
3. Holy Spirit, please minister grace, healing, encouragement and favour to every heartbroken person and dwindling glory.
THE HOLY GHOST SERVICE IS TOMORROW!
© The Food of Champions 2021
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org)