DO EVERYTHING IN LOVE
1 Corinthians 16:14 – Do everything in love. (NIV)
Margaret moved into an apartment and had an elderly woman as a neighbour. The woman hated her so much that she would deliberately throw faeces into Margaret’s backyard. One day, the old woman had a heart attack and was rushed to the hospital. Margaret was among the first to visit her, and she did not go empty-handed. She went with fresh rose flowers. The woman was amazed and therefore apologised for the evils she did. She further confessed that she was responsible for the faeces found in her garden.
The young lady gave her the lovely roses she brought, and again the elderly woman was so delighted to ask where she bought them. “These beautiful roses came from the faeces you threw in my backyard”, Margaret responded. When the world throws dirt at you, don’t let it stick (Luke 23:34). When they play the drumbeat of war, sing a tune of peace and forgiveness (Colossians 3:13). As our Bible text reads: Let genuine love be the driving force of your actions. There is a beautiful rose waiting to spring up, and when the Lord is through with you, your life shall take your enemies by surprise (Psalms 23:5). Stay your course. Don’t be moved! Keep loving, caring and praying. Love will always win over hate (Proverbs 16:7).
Hymn: Leaning on the Everlasting Arms – Elisha A. Hoffman (1887)
1. Father, please forgive every of my deliberate and ignorant sin (confess).
2. Father, uproot every seed of hatred, envy, malice, and wickedness in me.
1. I receive the grace to forgive and forget the evils done against me. Therefore, Father:
a. Let the enemy be at peace with me.
b. Help me to pay back in love and generosity.
2. Father, help my family, nation, the Church and I to love by action and not my lips.
3. Father, prompt the heart of the unsaved and let them be redeemed.
4. Father, give me the capacity to quench every form of ignorance within and around my life and children.
5. Power from on high, baptise my life, career, ministry and destiny.
YOUR CUP SHALL OVERFLOW WITH MILK AND HONEY
© The Food of Champions 2021
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org