Jeremiah 17:7-8 (7)“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. (NIV)
There lived a king and two beggars who always stood at the palace gate. As the king rode by daily, the first beggar would say, ‘Blessed is he whom the king helps’, while the second says, ‘Blessed is he whom God helps’. The king always felt pleased to hear the first beggar’s praises, so he decided to reward him by giving him a cake which has gold in it! The beggar was so happy and hailed the king as usual. However, because he needed cash desperately, he sold the cake to the other beggar at a low price.
The second beggar saw the gold in the cake, sold it and became very wealthy. He never returned to the king’s gate the next day, and as the king rode out, he saw the first beggar still begging. Therefore, he stopped to ask if he ate the cake. The beggar replied, ‘No, Sir, I sold it to my friend yesterday; I have not seen him here today’. The king shook his head and confessed that: ‘Truly, blessed is he who God helps.’
Beloved, they that put their hope in God will never know shame (Psalms 34:5). Because, when your time comes; no man, power, or rules can stop God’s blessings in your life, as affirmed by our text (Revelation 3:7-8). Therefore, keep trusting in the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:7); all shall be well. However, if need be, surrender to Jesus today!
Hymn: In Christ Alone – Stuart Townend & Keith Getty (2001)
1. Father, I put my trust in Thee. Please, bless me and help me stick to Your plan.
2. Father, open my eyes to the divine riches and wealth of nations.
1. Father, because I hope in You, let me never be ashamed!
2. Lord, put a definite end to every siege in my life, family, nation and the church.
3. Holy Ghost! Destroy every crown of the Prince of this world, on my head.
WAIT ON THE LORD!