James 1:2-4 – Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (NIV)
To be strong means to have or show strength in the face of danger, fear, or difficulty. David is an example of a man of strength because he escaped Saul’s trap and confronted Goliath (1 Samuel 17; 19:8-12). Similarly, the Book of Daniel 3 gives an account of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who were strong enough to withstand the punishment meted out to them after they refused to bow to Nebuchadnezzar’s customised idol.
Every problem encountered in life has the ability to boost your courage and faith in God, depending on how you see it. If there is any challenge you are experiencing, give glory to God because He has given you the power to go through it and become stronger. As seen in our Bible reading, trials give more strength and lead to maturity. Good things only come to those who are strong enough to persevere.
Beloved, I encourage you to learn from David and the other three Hebrew men, who stood with God in the face of challenges and were promoted thereafter. My prayer is that the Lord will open your eyes to the glory ahead and cause you never to give up, in Jesus’ name. Wait on God and let your strength find strength in Him!
Hymn: My Faith Looks Up to Thee — Ray Palmer (1830)
1. Father, please avert every storm and tragedy on my path to fulfilling Your purpose.
2. Father, all I need to be a man of strength at home and in society, please give them to me!
1. Father, help me, my family, and the Church to win the battle of the mind and to constantly please You.
2. Any power that stays awake in the night to attack or harm me, die by the thundering fire of God.
3. Father, please revive my faith and give me the power to defeat my problems.
JOIN US FROM DECEMBER 28-30, AS WE PRAY TOWARDS 2023
© The Food of Champions 2022
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com)