Psalm 46:10 – “Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.” (NLT)
Read: Isaiah 26:3
There are many things contending with the time of Christians today and making them too divided to focus on God. Social media and busy schedules have deprived people of fellowship with their maker. The truth is that whatever takes God out of the equation of human lives is a destroyer. This is why it is important to jealously guard our relationship with God.
God is a Spirit and is with us. He will never keep silent whenever He wants to communicate, but we must be still to hear Him. Today’s Bible reading shows the extent to which God values stillness. Being still represents complete devotion to God and His presence. David was able to discern God’s heart because of his dedication and regular “private time” with the Lord. If we desire to know the mind of God, we have to work on the quality of attention we give to the Holy Spirit.
Beloved, stillness has a spiritual value, and even more so it shows in the physical. When we keep a calm posture in the storm, we can be assured of clarity of direction and peace. This is because a calm heart thinks better than a troubled mind. Be still before God and know that He is in control of everything. May the Lord grant you the peace that passes all understanding, in Jesus’ name. Amen!
Song: Be Still and Know – Don Moen (2006)
1. Holy Ghost, clear away every self-made and rigid activity competing with my quiet time with God.
1. Please help me, Father, to be a spiritual and active Christian in all that I do.
2. Any force assigned to track me down, flee by the blood of Jesus!
3. Father, please let there be a performance of wonders in the lives of everyone trusting You for a miracle.
4. Father, open our understanding to giving and pour out Your blessings upon me, my family, and the Church.
AMEN AND AMEN!
© The Food of Champions 2023