BE ON FIRE!
Psalms 85:4-9 (6) – Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you? (NIV)
Scottish theologian John Knox once prayed: “Lord, give me Scotland or I die”. This man was a man of prayer so that Mary the Queen of Scots confessed that: “I fear the prayers of John Knox than all the assembled armies of Europe.” Similarly, Apostle Paul recognised the necessity of God’s work and said in 1 Corinthians 9:16-17: “Woe is me if I preach not the gospel”. Interestingly, Paul was formerly a persecutor of Christians, but after his encounter with Jesus, he was on fire and wrote most of the books in the New Testament.
The Psalmist plea for revival in our Bible reading shows that being on fire for God has been a consistent experience from the early days. But nowadays, what we have in Christendom are people who feel comfortable with spiritual dearth. We only fancy miracles and prosperity, or can we still find believers who still fast and pray for the fire of revival to fall in our nations? The truth is that many Christians are yet to have a divine encounter while ministers have lost their mantle on the altar of prayerlessness, pride and worldliness.
Beloved, there are solutions. We must accept that we need fire and that we can do nothing without the power of the Holy Ghost (Acts 1:8). John Knox and Paul, among others, did exploit because of the fire that constantly burned in them. This is the time for you to wake up and seek God in righteousness (Daniel 9:3-10). As soon as you receive the touch from Heaven, you shall begin to manifest in power and revive communities for God.
Hymn: Higher Ground – Johnson Oatman, Jr. (1898)
1. Holy Spirit! Revive and use me as Your instrument of power and transformation to my generation.
1. Father, help me to wait on You and reap the benefits of prayer.
2. Father, in this weekend’s fasting and prayer programme. Please, do what the world shall call ‘impossible’ in the lives of every participant.
3. Lord, if my blood has been contaminated. Please, purify it by Your blood.
4. Contractors of doom, assigned to turn my blessings to curses, scatter by fire!
5. Powers assigned to ensure that the Church, my family and nation does not operate in power and prosperity. Be paralysed!
JOIN US FROM JULY 2-4 FOR OUR FASTING AND PRAYER PROGRAMME. INVITE OTHERS & CONTACT US VIA:
© The Food of Champions 2021
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (firstname.lastname@example.org