1 Corinthians 15:58 – Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. (KJV)
Today’s Bible reading encourages us to remain steadfast and always progressing in God’s work because many things may bring discouragement. However, we need to identify our divine purpose of existence. Perhaps, you think you are alive to make up numbers. No! You are where you are for a reason. Therefore, you need to start fulfilling your destiny.
Start something for God; be it spreading the gospel, giving to the needy or working in His vineyard, among other things. Hebrews 11:6c confirms that ‘God is the rewarder of those that diligently seek Him’. In other words, if you stay committed to God, your labour shall never be in vain. He will surprise and sustain you! If you have been doing the Lord’s work and it appears the challenges are getting bigger. Don’t relent because very soon, it shall be said of you that ‘God has blessed this man or woman greatly’.
Beloved, whatever the circumstances, be ye immovable. Instead, keep praying and never give up! Whenever it seems that all hope is lost; stick with God’s promises. He is working things out for your good (Proverbs 24:10). Be Born Again!
Hymn: Into My Heart — Harry D. Clarke (1924)
1. Father, thank You for the grace to live, prosper, and work for You.
2. Father, please give me the power to spend and be spent for You.
1. Lord, help my family, the church and I, to wait on You till the end.
2. I decree according to today’s text that, I shall not labour in vain. I shall succeed in destiny and make heaven.
3. I receive the empowerment to rise above every stormy sea.
YOU SHALL EAT THE GOOD OF THE LAND!
© The Food of Champions 2020