Hebrews 6:13-20 (19) – We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain. (NIV)
An anchor is a heavy metal attached to a chain and used to stabilise a ship against a storm. As human beings who are prone to challenges, we need an anchor every moment of our lives. In Daniel 3, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednigo were thrown into a burning furnace by King Nebuchadnezzar because they refused to bow to his god. These Hebrew men hung their anchors to Jesus with no regard for the consequences of their actions. What happened after was that Christ joined them in the burning fire and turned the heat into an air conditioner.
Today’s Bible reading assures us of the efficacy of the anchor. The anchor gives hope to the soul because it is strong and secure. Whoever makes use of this anchor and has Jesus as the captain of their life, will surely reach their goal. Beloved, regardless of what you may be experiencing at the moment, hold on and refuse to give in to the enemy. Instead, like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednigo, let your anchor of faith cling to the solid rock (God). More importantly, if need be, surrender your life and all to Jesus. He will never let you down on the journey of life.
Hymn: Will Your Anchor Hold — Priscilla J. Owens (1882)
1. Father, I surrender in totality to you. Please be my anchor!
2. Holy Spirit, please show me all I need to prosper in life and destiny.
1. Garment of shame, tragedy and unprofitable hard labour designed for my life, catch fire!
2. Spiritual coffins, customised for my glory. Physical coffins launched to trigger untimely death in my life, catch fire!
3. Powers, raiding the bank of my spiritual gifting, health, wealth and potential. Be arrested, and I recover my possessions!
GOD SHALL SHOW UP FOR YOU THIS WEEK!
© The Food of Champions 2022
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this blog cannot be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS (email@example.com)