70 x 7
Matthew 18:21-22 (22) – Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. (KJV)
Forgiveness is to let go of any offence done against us. At several times, we might have been wronged despite our faithfulness to others. For example, your best friend hijacked your fiancée. Someone gossiped about you or attempted to end your life, etc. Whatsoever it is, you must forgive as seen in our Bible reading where Jesus said we should pardon up to ‘seventy times seven’. In other words, there is no limit to the extent to which we must forgive!
We see another case of compassion in Luke 15:11-32 when a younger son lavished his inheritance and fed with pigs. Consequently, he returned home; hoping to become his father’s slave. But his father forgave him and even threw a party! Like this father did Christ to us when he died for our sins (Romans 5:8), and He expects us to show mercy to everyone. Luke 17:3 says: Be on your guard. If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him (CSB). Therefore, there are the three we must forgive:
1. Yourself: Some are unable to forgive themselves of past errors.
2. Others: You must let go of atrocities committed against you.
3. God: Some still blame God for their present situations.
Beloved, remember that we have also sinned and forgiven by God (Daniel 9:9). More so, when we forgive, we are obeying the Lord and freeing our mind to obtain favour of Him. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you forgive and forget. Be Born Again!
Hymn: Jesus Saves – Priscilla J. Owens (1882)
1. Father, please give me the grace to forgive and let go.
1. I crush every seed of insanity and prolong battles, programmed to terminate my life this year.
2. Father, endow me with the wisdom to make a landmark discovery in my generation.
3. Father, grant me the wisdom to understand Your ways and relate with people.
CALL THE FELLOW TO APOLOGISE OR PARDON!
© The Food of Champions 2020